Servicing Your Sump Pump System In Greater Saint Louis
Like any other mechanical appliance in your home, your sump pump system should have annual service & maintenance to be sure it is working at peak performance in your home.
Annual Maintenance, Warranty Work & System Repairs for a Dry Basement
Your basement waterproofing system plays an important role in your home by protecting you from groundwater seepage.
Having a specialist stop by to check on your sump pump, basement drainage, and other components of your system, will find any potential problems before they find you!
We service our existing systems in Illinois & Missouri, including St. Louis, Springfield, St. Charles, Florissant and nearby.
To schedule a sump pump service in your area, contact us by phone or e-mail today!
By Amy G.
Saint Peter, IL
"Garth knows what he is talking about!!! Had a problem he had the RIGHT..."
By Amy G.
Saint Peter, IL
Garth knows what he is talking about!!! Had a problem he had the RIGHT solution. Even though someone else thought differently!! It was corrected and his original plan for us worked!!!,
"Ben Scobbie explained all of the possible improvements we might be able to..."
By David A.
De Soto, IL
Ben Scobbie explained all of the possible improvements we might be able to make and provided detailed estimates for us to consider. No high pressure. Very good work.
By Christy W.
"We are considering your services, and we thank you for excellent and..."
By Christy W.
We are considering your services, and we thank you for excellent and professional cooperation, but we still need to think things through first.
"Dave Palmer II performed the annual service on my sump pump system. He..."
Dave Palmer II performed the annual service on my sump pump system. He called ahead, so I knew exactly when he was arriving. Dave was very friendly and professional. He gave recommendations for improvement. He provided truly exceptional service. Thank you!!
"I couldn't be happier with Woods Basement. Up until two years ago our..."
By Deb H.
I couldn't be happier with Woods Basement. Up until two years ago our basement continually flooded every time it rained. Since they trenched and installed my sump pump system, there has been no problem whatsoever. Can finally 'rest easy' during storms. My yearly maintenance was just done and Scott Mans was very thorough and explained his recommendations for certain downspouts. Highly recommend!!!!
"The products seem expensive, but to know if it's fair I have nothing to..."
By Hope S.
The products seem expensive, but to know if it's fair I have nothing to compare. I wondered if I'd pay in cash, could you lower it some?
Servicing Your Basement Waterproofing System
At Woods Basement Systems, Inc., we recommend annual service and maintenance of your waterproofing system. During your service visit, our technician will perform the following services:
- Test & Clean Your Sump Pump System: Your sump pump consists of many moving parts that can wear down or need replacement. Your service technician will begin by checking your sump pump's float switch and intake for any possible problems. After this, the intake valve and impeller will be cleaned and checked to make sure they are functioning properly.
Once the service technician finds that the pump is working correctly, the sump pump liner will be cleaned of any sediment or silt that may be present. This important step will keep it from building in the future and potentially clogging check valves, etc.
- Test & Replace Batteries: The battery in your WaterWatch® Sump Pump Alarm should be replaced once a year, and the service technician will take care of this during the visit. Additionally, the battery for your backup sump pump will be tested to make sure it's holding a proper charge.
- Service Your Dehumidifier: Our SaniDry™ dehumidifiers include two filters that will need to be maintained. The pre-filter can be cleaned, while the air filter will be replaced. The SaniDry™ will also be oiled and parts inside will be inspected.
- Check the Discharge Line: We will check the discharge line to ensure that water is freely moving through the discharge line. We also check for the potential for freezing.
- Maintain Your Crawl Space Liner: If you've repaired and sealed your crawlspace, we will check the CleanSpace® liner and any other components installed in your crawl space.
- Check For Problems & Suggest Upgrades: Often, our service technician will see signs of newly emerging problems that may not have existed before and they can suggest and/or implement solutions that will address these issues proactively. We're always expanding our product line to help keep your basement or crawl space dry!
If you don't have a battery backup sump pump installed in your home, even a properly functioning sump pump system will fail if there's a power outage or blown fuse.
Your service visit is a great time to have a battery backup added. Ask your technician for details!
A Lifetime Pump Warranty?
Your sump pump runs on mechanical parts and like all mechanical things, it can eventually break down. This is true with even the best pumps on the market.
If a sump pump warranty offers "free replacements", then you need to ask yourself: "When would I ask for my free replacement?"
Unfortunately, the answer to that question is "After your pump has failed and your basement is wet".
A wet basement is far from "free"! The ideal decision is to find the most reliable basement waterproofer in your area -- one who installs a high-quality system and battery backup. The company should provide annual maintenance, helping you to keep the basement dry all the time!